11-11-2012 - Exhibition in Plasencia
This paper cut castle has been selected for the 'Mail Art' exhibition in La Puerta de Tannhäuser, Plasencia, Spain. It will be on display fo several more weeks.
Also, the new range of cute cat greetings cards I have been working on with poet Peter Cole will shortly be printed, very exciting!
09-10-2012 - Some recent projects
Golly it has been a long time since I update Puppyfat. I'm still in the Mountains of the Cat, and this summer have been kept busy with many a design project, including 3 illustrated custom wedding invitations, a flyer for the year of faith 2013, a website for a super photographer, logos for a London fashion boutique, an estate agent and an AIDS charity, as well as making a mountain of blackberry jam, and building a litte house.
This illustration is for a french/spanish/english translator whose website I am currently developing.
10-02-2011 - Some recent projects
- The range of cards I illustrated for Bubble Bath giraffe / Paperlink are now in various greetings card stores across the country. You can see the full range here.
- I've completed websites for a music promotion company in London, and an amazing Christian poet in London.
- This illustration (left) is from a range I made for a lovely life coach, Capitalise on creativity. To see the rest, click here.
- I have also produced a poster for Catholic churches throughout Westminster dioese, about support and spiritual care offered by pashish priests to all those affected by HIV and AIDS. The final design can be seen here. Amazingly, an article has ben written by the client about the poster design concept, which has been published in the Feb 2012 edition of Catholic Social Action Network Newsletter.
- Very soon I will be collaborating on a a giant cutout which will be filling an entire supermarket window in London. More details to follow.
21-10-2011 - AidEx Innovation Challenge Winner
I was presenting a medication dispenser and timer for HIV drugs, which have to be taken on time for them to work.
They liked the design enough to award me the top grant of £2500 to get the project off the ground, as well as much appreciated advice and other help in the future. Thanks AidEx!
21-05-2011 - things made in spain
- These shutters I painted for the lovely Ian and Sally in Malaga. Clicking on the picture will take you to a large one where you can spy some little chickens, goats, pigs, and swallows. Sally and Ian also have a super lovely villa in Malaga to rent.
- Sally taught me to crochet and I have become a little bit addicted to making amigurumi.
- I've been doing some cute illustrations and animation for a marketing company, which will be online soon, I'll post a link as soon as it is ^-^
05-01-2011 - Happy New Year!
- A range of cards that I have illustrated for Poet Peter Cole, entitled 'Bubble Bath Giraffe' is to be published by Paperlink, and will be available in a number of greetings card retailers from July 2011.
- I now have a separate site for my web and graphic design at www.hereismydesign.com. Please take a peek ^-^
13-09-2010 - Runner Up at Art & Escape Awards 2010
- Last month, 2 of my pieces were shorlisted for the'Art & Escape Awards 2010'
- I came runner up and have been offered gallery represetation by 'Art & Escape Gallery', Greater London.
- The selected works are being exhibited until the end of September at Art & Escape Gallery, 23-25 Barnet Road, Hertfordshire EN6 2QX.
06-07-2010 - Artist Residency
I will be working from the gallery 24th July - 15th August, and will have several works on show during this time, as well as keeping a blog of my progress.
There will be a final exhibition of works produced by myself and the other resident artist in the Autumn time, I'll post full details shortly.
05-07-2010 - Second Ink-Dot print show
"Ink-dot has invited established designers and illustrators as well as exciting new talent from all over Bristol. The designers have been challenged to produce something a little more unpremeditated, giving them an opportunity to create a piece of work that they may never have had the excuse to before. There are no boundaries to what kind of design can be produced. However, the designers are restricted to using the same ingredients. They are given a set size, A2, and a limited palette."
06-06-2010 - PuppyFat Hiatus
21-05-2010 - New work, and paintings now available to buy online!
11-05-2010 - PuppyFat Card Shop Launched!
28-02-2010 - New Work
20-02-2010 - Current solo show
07-01-2010 - PuppyFat Hiatus
19-11-2009 - Ink-Dot print show
"Ink-dot has invited established designers and illustrators as well as exciting new talent from all over Bristol. The designers have been challenged to produce something a little more unpremeditated, giving them an opportunity to create a piece of work that they may never have had the excuse to before. There are no boundaries to what kind of design can be produced. However, the designers are restricted to using the same ingredients. They are given a set size, A2, and a limited palette, black, white and a choice of two other colours from pink, yellow, green, blue and brown."
28-10-2009 - Film Awards at Compass Festival
It was a really lovely surprise to find that my little animation won me the 'Best Local Film Maker' award as well as the 'Audience Award' - meaning it was most popular amongst the audience present. So happy they enjoyed it >.<
14-10-2009 - Compass Festival and Sweet Station feature
01-09-2009 - Updates and Thanks
27-07-2009 - 'Shyshy' Solo Exhibition
The address is: Broadwalk Artspace, Broadwalk Shopping Centre, Knowle, Bristol, BS4 2QU.
A separate site detailing the pieces to be shown will be up shortly at www.shyshy.co.uk ^-^
27-04-2009 - Feature on Multimedial!
07-04-2009 - New Paintings and upcoming exhibition
A couple of these new paintings are going to be exhibited at the Broadwalk Artspace in Bristol on 25 - 30th May, as part of a group exibition entitled 'Playtime.' Further details to be posted soon!
I'll be puting them up properly on the paintings gallery page soon, I promise >.<
31-03-2009 - PuppyFat bloggedPuppyFat's just been featured on Ilustrativo. Thankoo! x